Self-Employed Person2018-07-29T16:57:55+00:00

Self-Employed Person

The Self-Employed Persons Program is available for individuals with experience as self-employed farmers, athletes (at the international level), or artisans. To qualify for a business visa under the Self-Employed Persons Program, the applicant must show that he or she has relevant experience and can be successfully self-employed in Canada.

Relevant experience is considered to be at least two years of self-employment or participation at a world-class level in the listed arts, cultural activities or sports. Applicants who wish to purchase a farm in Canada must have at least two years of farm management experience. Other qualifications include age, education, experience, and fluency in English or French.

It’s important to understand that this Federal Self-Employed Person program is separate from the Quebec self-employed program. To learn more about immigrating to Canada as a self-employed person, contact Xenoom.

Do you want to work, study, and live in Canada or the US? Xenoom can help!